CRM community of practice at IU
Welcome to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Community of Practice at IU. Whether you’re new to the IU Salesforce enterprise system, been with the enterprise system since day one—or using completely different CRM tools—this is the space to connect and learn with others. Hear about tricks and announcements and stay connected with CRM users across the university through our Slack channel, Snackforce sessions, and more.
Get involved in the community
Slack is a messaging tool that allows you to communicate rapidly and casually with individuals, small groups, or the whole CRM community. Slack is a great space to streamline conversations, stay in the loop on updates, and share questions, answers, ideas, resources and best practices.
How to use Slack
- Check out the channels—we’ve started some channels for people to dig deeper into a topic.
- Start or join a conversation—get group conversations started in one of our channels. Questions, cool articles, tips, and more are all fair game!
- Listen in—see what others are talking about and learn!
- Connect individually—feel free to reach out directly to someone in the channel with direct messages, but don’t forget to share new knowledge with the community!
- Download Slack (if you haven’t already)
- Sign up for the IU CRM Marketing Slack workspace with your @IU email address
- Create your profile
- Enter your full name for your display name (i.e., Whitney Walker)
- Upload a recognizable picture of yourself
- For Status, share your campus location (feel free to add if you’re out of the office too)
- For What I do, tell us what you do and your school/department (i.e., Marketing Director — IUPUI School of Science)
- Add your IU work phone number
- Set your time zone
- To edit your profile, follow the profile edit instructions
- Start slacking!
Have you ever wanted to talk about a Marketing Cloud idea or question over snacks? Snackforce is a recurring in-person session where you can come talk to your CRM Marketing Consultant at IU…with snacks. Can’t make it in person? Zoom connectivity is also available by request.
Sessions will be announced via the Slack channel so keep an eye out for invites and updates.